We start the year with a new contributor and here is his first article…. Oh yes, welcome Giuseppe 😉
We already talked about their really cool Rider Jumping Hours, but here we will present something different !
Today I would like to present you a really cool Diver watch from Isotope, The Goutte d’Eau!
This watch has a nice concept history and a design approach that is quite timeless.
In fact, The Goutte d’Eau shape takes inspiration from the design of the 1937 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Coupé, widely regarded as one of the most beautiful cars ever built.
This watch has also another interesting feature, a bespoke and exclusive stainless steel bracelet with a discreet extension clasp mechanism that allows you to quickly change the bracelet size to wear over a diving suit!
You can also choose the movement of your watch: the Japan Made Seiko NH38 or the Swiss-Made Sellita SW200 offering the reliability that every Isotope watch demands. Both movements are shockproof and have a power reserve of 38 to 42 hours.
The Goutte d’Eau has also a diameter of 40 mm so is really versatile for every wrist size.
There are different colors of this watch (red, blue, orange, yellow, green) and I like the connection of the colors with the seconds hand and the rotating bezel inside the dial.
Another interesting feature is the lume. An absolutely incredible blue light that makes this timepiece even more special!
This watch is comfortable to wear and I was very impressed by the clasp who is original and easy to adjust.
These are the prices:
Version with Seiko NH38 automatic movement 419€.
Version with automatic movement Swiss Made Sellita SW2000 574€
I think that if you are looking for a good diver and you don’t want a big size watch and also if you don’t want to spend hundreds or thousands of euros, then the Goutte d’Eau is a timepiece for you!
- Brushed case, 316L stainless steel
- Case diameter 40mm X 44mm (with lugs)
- Height 12.7mm (with SW200) or 13.4mm (with NH38)
- Exhibition screw-down case back (Orange, Yellow, Green and Red)
- Stainless steel screw-down case back (Nordblad)
- Security inner bezel
- Anti-reflective crystal sapphire
- One crown with 4 gaskets at 2 o’clock for the inner bezel and one screw-down crown at 4 o’clock to adjust the time
- Hands, bezel and sandwich dial with Super-LumiNova® BGW9
- 22 mm brushed Isotope Tread Bracelet and extension clasp in 316L stainless steel
- Water-resistance 200m / 20 atm / 656 ft
- Mechanical Movements
- Automatic, self-winding Japanese Seiko NH38
- Power reserve 41 hours
- Accuracy -20/+40 s/day
- Automatic, self-winding Swiss Sellita SW200
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Accuracy -12/+12 s/day
Here is the Johanna Nordblad “special edition”.
The Nordblad Special Edition is a homage to Johanna Nordblad, World Champion of Ice Diving whose incredible story of resilience and braveness inspires us all and we proudly welcome a true Champion to the Isotope team.
You can follow Isotope Watches on the social networks :
Written by Giuseppe Marasco / MrWatch93
*Remember that you can have a 10% discount on this watch with my promocode mrwatch10 at the check out*